Monday, April 28, 2008

Of All the Curious Things.

Well, I'm sure you've all seen the Shark's entry and the first thing I have to say for this post is that he gives me far too much credit as the subject and not enough credit to himself, the hypnotist. A willing mind is important, but a clever one is needed to cultivate the experience to its truest height and Sharky certainly is capable of that.

This weekend, as he said, has been very interesting. Again, I'm always at a loss as to where to start. I think the two things I want to detail here are the blank trigger, and the vacation time trigger. ><; It's a good thing he's writing these all down, because while my subconscious may remember them all, I don't think I do. I have a notoriously awful memory (just ask my boy-friend, he complains about it all the time). But it's peculiarly easy for me to remember - when allowed - what has gone on during trance (usually). Anyway, I can tell I'm getting wordy again so let me try and cut this a little short.

Just a few days ago I had mentioned to Sharky that I was interested in sensory deprivation; loss of hearing, or sight, or touch - or the seeming loss of them, as he pointed out just last night, that the most real thing about hypnosis is the trance itself. I'm guessing this got his excellent mind rolling, because it was maybe a day later that we had a very interesting session where he took away all of my senses - and, curiously, sent me on a wonderful vacation. It wasn't a gradual thing, really, not like he said, "Scorpio, you can now hear nothing of your surroundings." No, no.

I'm not sure what this one is called, but I'll describe the sensations to you as it happened. As I faded away, as I became nothing more than my thoughts, my mind, just my wandering ideas, the subtle whispers of my own conscience, it was as if I was being hooked up to an air balloon by my feet. And as the air balloon took off, lifted, it pulled me along with it, and like a stretchy, gooey puddy toy myself, my physical self, very simply drifted away. Floated off. Pulled by the balloon into the unknown. My skin, all the little parts of my body, it was such a peaceful trip - away, away, away I went and I, as I know me, as I know my body, was no more. I simply was. I existed. I had thoughts. But no sensations.

Remarkable. Terrifyingly amazing. It was really a delightful experience, and it was in this way that Sharky sent me on a vacation, soothed and rejuvinated. And the minutes, they felt like months upon months, upon years. It was as if, at last, I got to catch up with all of the sleep I've lost in the last few years since having my son. Truly and utterly amazing. :)

I could go on about this for paragraphs and paragraphs. This was in response to how it felt to "hear" his voice, feel his thoughts in my mind while I could not physically see/hear them:

[14:15] Scorpio: like little tickles touching my brain matter

[14:16] Scorpio: poking at it like little fingers that are words that you are saying to me

[14:16] Sharky: hmm, so I wonder what it feels like... just out of curiosityscorpio, Good girl

[14:17] Scorpio: Oy lord that was like you put an electrode to my brain and pressed the red button several times.

[14:17] Sharky: :)

[14:17] Sharky: alright scorpio, human time

[14:18] Scorpio: So you should blog about this one 'cause this is pretty out there. My brain throbs now inside my skull. ><;

[14:19]Sharky: could always take another vacation

There is the other trance to talk about, the one that got me so excited I was literally and completely compelled to document the mental imagery that filled my mind so completely afterwards and I was allowed to remember. This is the blank trigger that Sharky mentioned in his post from this morning. I was so enthralled by his brilliant idea, that I even wrote a script based on his and my logs of the trance and the resulting trigger. I wanted to put my own ideas and images and words to it, both to give Sharky something of a standard if he decides to use this trigger on others and for my own uses. Maybe one or the other of us will showcase it eventually!

I'll have to tell you more details soon. :)

2 comments:

Shahar said...

must not let hot air enter my head :)

seriously though I'm glad you enjoyed all our fun and you should get some folks to try your own script ideas on eventually.

Sharky

Scorpio said...

Heehee.

And I know. >.> Someday!